The Knox Grammar Swimming Team has won the Associated Schools of NSW (CAS) Swimming Championship for the first time since 2003 at Homebush on Thursday evening.
The Knox Swim Team of 69 students broke six CAS records at the competition, in front of a packed crowd of more than 1,000 Knox students, parents and staff.
CAS records broken:
- Tane Bidois (Year 7) - 12 year old boys 50 metre freestyle (27.60 seconds) and 13 year old boys 50 metre backstroke (30.88 seconds).
- Leon Macalister (Year 11) broke the record for the 17 year old 50 metre backstroke with a time of 57.16 seconds.
- Knox 200 metre freestyle relay 13 year old team - Josh Collett, Justin Lee, Tane Bidois and Will McDonagh (1 minute 50.72 seconds)
- Knox 200 metre freestyle relay 14 year old team - Brendan Hee, Mark Buddee, Bailey Farris and Josh Johnson (1 minute 42.77 seconds)
- Knox 200 metre freestyle relay 17 year old team - George Zhu, Benjamin Yates, Nicholas Dijohn and Kaea Bidois (1 minute 38.27 seconds).
Knox won 33 of the 73 events. The overall winner of the points competition was Knox (549 points), with Trinity Grammar finishing second (542) and Barker College finishing third (442). The Knox Diving Team also finished third overall.