Over the summer holidays, 40 aspiring historians departed Sydney Airport on a tour that spanned over 2000 years’ of history, travelling to five countries in just over two weeks.
Highlights of the trip included:
- A Champions League football match in London, England, between Chelsea FC and Nordsjaellan FC
- A visit to the beaches of Normandy, France, site of the WWI D-Day Landings in 1944
- A stay at Ypres, Belgium and a visit to the surrounding WWI battlefields
- Tours of the Colosseum, Circus Maximus and Pantheon and the Vatican City in Rome, Italy
- A walking tour of Pompeii, the Roman city preserved following the eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79 AD
Congratulations and thank you to Mr Kariatlis, Mr McKeith, Ms Granozio, Mr Diamond and Mr Simes, who accompanied and organised the expedition. The Knox History Tour is held by the Knox History Department every two years.