Students from Knox broke three records at the Committee of Associated Schools (CAS) Track and Field Championships held at Sydney Olympic Park on Thursday evening.
Year 8 student Sam Rockliff broke the record for the 14 years 1,500m in a time of 4 minutes 23.95 seconds, while Tom Shannon (Year 9) broke the 14 years shotput record with a throw of 15.41m.
Nick Frost, Year 12, achieved a new record for the opens discus with a throw of 49.28m.
Max Mandera, Year 8, equalled the record for the 14 years 200m, with a time of 23.47m.
“We are thrilled with the achievements of our students and their great competitive spirit,” said Mr Kieran Donohue, Knox Director of Outdoor Sports.
“The team was supported by a noisy crowd of more than 500 Knox students, creating a great atmosphere.”
The Knox Track and Field Team, made up of about 110 students, placed third overall, with Trinity Grammar placed first and Barker College second.
Knox students came first in 16 events at the championships.
First place results:
- Flynn Macgregor (Y7), Ben MacNamara (Y8), Robert Sanderson (Y7) and Aidan Lau (Y7) - 13 years 4x100m relay - 50.56 sec
- Will Constable (Y7) - 13 years 800m (2 min 14.64 seconds)
- Ben MacNamara (Y8) - 13 years high jump (1.69m) and 90 m hurdles (14.00 sec).
- Jake Buchanan (Y8) - 14 years 800m division (2 minutes 15.57 sec)
- Tom Shannon (Y9) - 15 years shotput (15.45m)
- Mitch Westhuizen (Y9) - 14 years 800m division (2 min 09.27 sec) and 15 years 1500m run (4 min 23.60 sec)
- Colin Ojah (Y9) - 15 years 100m division (11.81 sec)
- Harrison Muller (Y10) - 16 years long jump championships (6.61m), 16 years 200m division (23.10 sec) and 16 years 100m championships (11.37 sec)
- Peter Sherlock (Y11) - 17 years 800m division (2 min 03.37 sec)
- Jasper Spiller (Y11) - Opens 800m division (2 min 05.11 sec)
- Ben Fitton (Y12) - Opens 800m champs (1 min 56.58 sec)
- Nick Frost (Y12) - Opens 110m hurdles (15.29 sec)