Knox to host First Australian Positive Education Conference
The First Australian Positive Education Conference will be held at Knox in April 2013
Knox Grammar will host the First Australian Positive Education Conference on Friday 5 and Saturday 6 April 2013.
This is a joint initiative of Knox Grammar School, PESA (Positive Education Schools Association) and The Positivity Institute (PI).
Positive Education Conference flyer and booking form (737 KB)
About the conference
The aim of this conference is to foster the development of Positive Education in Australia and globally and to provide a forum for Positive Psychology researchers, teachers, students and practitioners.
- Day 1 of the conference will have a focus on the Science of Positive Education (with networking drinks from 4pm)
- Day 2 will focus on the Practice of Positive Education (with a fun, hands-on drumming workshop to start the day)
- Professor Herb Marsh, Centre for Positive Psychology and Education, University of Western Sydney - 'Self-concept: The Cornerstone of the Positive Psychology Revolution'
- Dr Dianne Vella-Brodrick, University of Melbourne - 'Research in Positive Education'
- Dr Lindsay Oades, Sydney Business School University of Wollongong - 'Wellbeing and Health in Education'
- Associate Professor Lea Waters, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Melbourne University - 'Evidence of the effects of gratitude on the wellbeing of students, teachers and school leaders'
- Professor Vijaya Manicavasaga, Black Dog Institute - 'Research on adolescent online positive psychology programs'
- International keynote Dr Christian Van Niewerburgh, Director, Coaching Psychology Unit, University of East London - 'Coaching in education'
- Dr Mathew White, Director of Well-Being and Positive Education, St Peter’s College, Adelaide - 'The growth of Positive Education in Australia'
- Dan Haesler Education Consultant - 'Positive Psychology – A Teacher’s Perspective'
- Dr William DeJean -‘Identity and wellbeing'
- Michele McQuaid, organisation consultant - 'Using an appreciative approach in Schools'
- Andrew Stainer, Helmsman Project - 'Helping disadvantaged students using Positive Education'
Abstracts are invited from researchers and practitioners of Positive Education by Friday 1 March. All enquiries, including requests for an ‘Abstract Submission Template' to:
Dr Suzy Green, The Positivity Institute – email@example.com
Dr Steve Zolezzi, Knox Grammar School – firstname.lastname@example.org
For further booking enquiries, please call Mrs Gillian Jolly on +61 2 9487 0119 or email@example.com.