Year 5 boys are involved in a multimedia workshop at school called ‘Claymation’ as a culmination of their film making experience. This is a highly engaging and creative learning experience involving the students working with Apple MacBook's and software to create a short movie which they will be able to bring home and share with their family.
Clay animation is one of many forms of stop motion animation. Each animated piece, either character or background, is made of plasticine which the boys alter to create the illusion of movement.
The students are required to:
• Create a master storyboard
• Create a precise presentation in a logical sequence
• Insert graphics from various sources
• Use a digital camera to create a graphic file
• Add sounds to a multimedia presentation
See the photo to see the boys in action!