Picture this if you will…
• Sunday morning 8.45am!
• Eighty two fine young musicians from the Years 7-9 involved in the Knox Concert Band and the Year 7 Wind Band
• Nine specialised tutorial staff
• Many, many musical notes projected through woodwind, brass and percussion instruments for nine rigorous hours!
• Lots of Pizza! Also fruit, biscuits, lamingtons and cordial
• Eight parent volunteers
• Happy boys and proud parents
• Great excitement for the week ahead
Essentially this day was a ‘mini’ Music Camp for our Year 7 Wind Band and the Knox Concert Band. During the day the boys enjoyed a most comprehensive musical experience, covering a wealth of material within a consolidated period of time. Alternating between sectional and full band rehearsals, our boys integrated opportunities for team building, social interaction and cohesion in the enjoyment of the musical and social program. Together with the specialised music tutorial staff, Ms Leah Lock, Miss Joanne Carey, Mr Peter Eagling, Ms Leanne Sullivan, Mrs Danielle Blake, Mr Andrew Watkins, Mr Josh Hill, Ms Belinda Markham and Mr James Brice, our boys concluded the massive day with a ‘brilliant’ concert for approximately 120 family and friends. Both bands will be representing the Knox Grammar School in the NSW State Band Championships next Sunday, 28 August in the Junior C and B grades respectively.
Best wishes boys! Mr James Brice, Director of Instrumental Performance, KAPA