Helping other people is a strong focus at Knox and all boys are involved in community service projects.
Our Social Justice programs provide boys with opportunities to develop an understanding of the world beyond Knox.
We have a focus on awareness, advocacy and action. Our Social Justice programs aim to provide the boys with platforms to investigate key areas of justice such as homelessness; ethical shopping in the clothing, chocolate and fishing industries; and support for our community partners Wesley Mission and Parramatta Mission for their social programs.
Some of our recent social justice initiatives have included:
- Weekly Social Justice Club
- The World's Greatest Shave (we raised $46,000 in 2021)
- 40 Hour Famine
- The Kuringai Special Olympics Fun Run
- Coordination of the annual ABBOX of Fun Camp for children with a disability
- Immersion opportunities including Enngonia (far western NSW), Borneo, Cambodia, Vietnam and Papua New Guinea (Kokoda Track).
- Fundraising and partnerships with Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Women's Shelter, Clean Up Australia Day, Legacy, The Salvation Army, Cancer Council, St Edmund's School and many more organisations
- Knox Environmental and Sustainability Team - a group led by our Social Justice Prefects which implements recycling practices, sustainability and education programs across the School