Take the Bus to Knox
2021 BUS INFORMATION
We offer daily chartered bus services for Prep and Senior students to and from:
GREENWICH, LANE COVE, NORTH RYDE
- Lane Cove
- Hunters Hill
- North Ryde
HILLS - CASTLE HILL AND DURAL
- Castle Hill
FORESTVILLE, FRENCHS FOREST, BELROSE
- Forestville, Frenchs Forest, Belrose
DEE WHY, COLLAROY, NARRABEEN, ELANORA HEIGHTS
- Dee Why
- North Narrabeen
- Elanora Heights
- St Ives
UPPER NORTHERN BEACHES, PITTWATER
- Mona Vale
- Church Point
- Terrey Hills
LOWER NORTH SHORE
- Middle Cove
- Castle Cove
- Roseville Chase
- East Lindfield
FEATURES OF THE SERVICE
- Fully air-conditioned buses provided by North Sydney Bus Charters
- Fixed timetable and route, allowing families to plan their week
- Pick up and drop off at school gates with no roads to cross
- Fixed cost per term for return and one way travel
- Senior School Library open until 5pm to coordinate with bus departure
- Return journey timed to coordinate with sport and co-curricular activities at Prep and Senior Schools
The cost is currently $1,500 per year per student for a return trip or $860 for a one way journey (2020 prices).
For more information about our bus service, please contact Enrolments Coordinator Mary Witherow, 02 9487 0195.
Applications for travel passes for public rail and bus transport are issued to students in October each year.
The forms must be completed and lodged by early November to ensure the travel passes are available for distribution early each new school year. The passes are not usually issued prior to the commencement of term and the transport operators typically allow a week or two's grace before the new passes must be on hand.
Parents should note there are two forms - one for private bus and one for government rail and/or bus. Each mode of transport requires a separate form to be completed. Forms are only issued to all new students from Years 3 to 12 and any boys moving from Year 6 to Year 7. Boys in Kindergarten to Year 2 do not travel unaccompanied on public transport unless permission is given.
Prep boys take the train to Wahroonga Station - only Senior School boys alight at Warrawee.