Knox Junior Academy
Our Senior School is made up of three stage based academies, catering to the specific learning and development needs of boys through their schooling.
Our Junior Academy, for Year 7 and 8 boys, introduces boys to secondary school, instilling good learning habits. The new Knox Junior Academy and Performing Arts Centre opened in May 2019.
JUNIOR ACADEMY PHILOSOPHY
- To help each student develop a deep connection to all aspects of Senior School life with their peers.
- To promote the development of supportive and meaningful relationships between students, parents, teachers, coaches and mentors.
- To help students develop their sense of personal identity and character formation.
- To enable each Year 7 and Year 8 boy to engage and flourish within a comprehensive academic and co-curricular program.
KEY FEATURES OF THE JUNIOR ACADEMY
- A wide-ranging ‘Transition to School Program’ which supports students as they adjust and engage in all aspects of Senior School life.
- An experienced, professional and supportive staff team led by the Head of Academy, the Director of Studies and Director of Students to nurture within the boys a culture of academic excellence.
- Technology-rich classrooms with committed staff delivering inspiring, challenging and accessible learning for 21st century students.
- Provision of a comprehensive mentor program based on the fundamental principles of the ‘Knox Total Fitness’ model which promotes a growth mindset.
- A professional team dedicated to the tracking of all students’ academic progress with the provision for intervention support where needs are identified.
FIND OUT MORE
- Contact us - Contact Martin Gooding, Head of Enrolments – firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9473 9768