Knox Middle Academy
Our Senior School is made up of three stage based academies, catering to the specific learning and development needs of boys through their schooling.
Our Academy of Global Competency (Middle Academy), for Years 9 and 10 students, is focused on building the global competencies of 'creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, character and citizenship' within each boy. The Academy of Global Competency opened in February 2020.
MIDDLE ACADEMY PHILOSOPHY
- To encourage each student to take a journey of discovery and exploration through embracing the academic and co-curricular opportunities on offer.
- To build the confidence and character of our students through wide and varied experiences that encourage self-responsibility, challenge thinking and celebrate success.
- To foster within the students a sense of connectedness to the School, their peers and the community through service learning.
- To place the student at the centre of the education journey and equip them with the tools and skills required to successfully navigate their senior years and life beyond.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MIDDLE ACADEMY
- Focus on building the global competencies of 'creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, character and citizenship '
- A wide selection of elective subjects that allows students to explore new pathways, follow their passion.
- Personalised career counselling assisting HSC subject selection.
- The Academy is led by the Head of Academy, the Director of Studies and Director of Students, along with the specialised staff. This team support an environment where each student can flourish academically, socially and emotionally.
- The Knox Cadet Unit offers students a unique and valuable experience to develop the boys' leadership skills, foster teamwork and encourage a sense of responsibility.
- The provision of a pastoral care program specific to the boys’ stages of development, underpinned by the values of Knox Total Fitness
- The opportunity to take part in local and global programs such as cultural and language exchanges, social justice projects and community service learning.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ACADEMY OF GLOBAL COMPETENCY (NEW FACILITY)
- Flexible, open plan learning environments for individual and group work
- Technology-enabled spaces for videoconferencing
- Dedicated canteen for Years 9-10 students
- Vibrant new recreation areas including outdoor spaces
- Additional classroom and function spaces
FIND OUT MORE
- Contact us - Contact Martin Gooding, Head of Enrolments – firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9473 9768