Our Senior School is made up of three stage based academies, catering to the specific learning and development needs of boys through their schooling.
Our Middle Academy, for Year 9 and 10 boys, is focused on building confidence and character, encouraging teamwork and autonomous learning
MIDDLE ACADEMY PHILOSOPHY
- To encourage each student to take a journey of discovery and exploration through embracing the academic and co-curricular opportunities on offer.
- To build the confidence and character of our students through wide and varied experiences that encourage self-responsibility, challenge thinking and celebrate success.
- To foster within the students a sense of connectedness to the School, their peers and the community through service learning and a care for themselves and others.
- To place the student at the centre of the education journey and equip them with the tools and skills required to successfully navigate their senior years and life beyond.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MIDDLE ACADEMY
- A wide selection of elective subjects that allows students to explore new pathways, follow their passion.
- Personalised career counselling assisting HSC subject selection.
- The Academy is led by the Head of Academy and the Director of Studies and along with the specialised staff. This team support an environment where each student can flourish academically, socially and emotionally.
- The Knox Cadet Unit offers students a unique and valuable experience to develop their leadership skills, foster teamwork and encourage a sense of responsibility.
- The provision of a pastoral care program specific to boys’ stages of development, underpinned by the values of Knox Total Fitness
- The opportunity to take part in local and global programs such as cultural and language exchanges, social justice projects and community service learning.